With the impending demise of my thesis, I’m shortly going to be faced with a lot of unstructured time. Technically, I’ve spent most of graduate school with lots of unstructured time, but I still had responsibilities to fill my time. To ensure I’m productive, here’s a list of things I should get done:
- Find a job. Soon.
- Finish writing teaching portfolio.
- Write up HLDA system experiments into a paper, preferably after ironing some kinks out, like showing it’s possible to train conditioned on pause duration information.
- Write up “Spot It” problem and find a recreational math publication to submit it to.
- Exercise regularly, especially cardio/endurance.
- Go dancing.
- Cook more, eat out less.
- Playtest Discworld: Ankh-Morpork variant.
- Pick a game design and actually get to the prototype stage.
- Pick a game and write an AI for it.
- Sell games I don’t play anymore in preparation for moving.
I think that’s enough to start with.